Title: Maintenance assistant
Reports to: Line manager
Location: As above
Hourly Rate: £9.00
Hours of Employment: 40 hours over a seven-day week
In respect of the position of a maintenance assistance,
in addition to your normal hours, you shall be required to work such additional hours as are reasonably necessary for the proper performance of your duties.
Closing date: 2 May 2018
Scope and Purpose:
To take responsibility for decoration and assist maintenance duties in the houses and additional facilities and to keep all stakeholders informed of planned decoration and maintenance works. To undertake any remedial decoration tasks. To assist with tasks as part of the maintenance department. To ensure that records are maintained of works undertaken. To ensure all necessary Health and Safety and practical issues for working within houses is adhered to. To ensure a reactive response is provided to issues that occur within the houses, to assess the job needs and define whether it is an issue that can be rectified 'in house’ or whether a third party contractor is required. Liaise and consult with House Managers of progress of works planned and scheduled.
1. Responsible for the decoration and assistance with the small maintenance works and upkeep of all houses within residential and supported living. To include, when required, training office, Head office and the Cavendish activity centre.
2. To check emails daily and prioritize and respond to work required.
3. To prioritize emergencies and respond accordingly.
4. To ensure the upkeep of all houses is to a high specification.
5. To assist with monthly checks carried out randomly of company vehicles to include the upkeep of the van allocated to maintenance and keep appropriate records to ensure at least each vehicle is checked at least once a year.
6. To carry out daily administration; petty cash, job sheets, respond to emails where deemed necessary.
7. Communicate positively with all managers and respond to their requests verbally in a prompt manner.
8. To ensure the health and safety of self and co-workers is upheld for all tasks and duties.
9.To ensure storage garage is kept tidy, locked and secure at all times.
10. To carry out tasks if they fall within the remit of professional competence and boundaries.
11. To communicate effectively with line manager.
12. To ensure records of daily logs are maintained, paperwork is kept up to date.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job