Maintenance and General Grounds Operative
£10 to £12 per hour
Our client is looking to recruit a full-time individual, with a proven track record in general maintenance, to take ownership and responsibility for the upkeep and smooth running of their various buildings in Leatherhead.
As General Maintenance and Grounds Operative, the main purpose of the role is to provide high quality and cost-effective repairs and maintenance to various sites in Leatherhead. The successful candidate will play an important role in the upkeep and overall maintenance of the buildings and will have the skills and experience to work independently on the following tasks:
- Interior/exterior building maintenance.
- Refurbishment painting and decorating.
- Completion of preventative maintenance tasks on a regular basis.
- Plumbing and basic electrical works.
- Assist with the removal and installation of furniture.
- Able to monitor stock and contractors to ensure health and safety regulations are met.
The ideal candidate for the Maintenance and General Grounds Operative role will portray the following skills and attributes:
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Able to undertake a wide range of activities.
- Reliable, self-motivated, detail-orientated and confident to work to deadlines.
- Able to work unsupervised to organise and prioritise workload.
- Happy to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good communication skills, a friendly personality and of smart appearance.
- A positive attitude & strong work ethic.
- Physically fit, to enable such duties as: manual handling and working at heights.
- Good health and safety knowledge and good interpersonal skills.
- The role is a fantastic opportunity for anyone who lives locally.
- A clean driving licence is required as a company van will be provided for use between buildings and to fulfil the role.
- Position is subject to satisfactory references and eligibility to work in the UK.
- Clean and valid driver’s licence
- Valid CSCS card
- Annual holiday of 28 days
- Opportunity to join a pension scheme
They are looking to appoint a suitable candidate at the earliest opportunity.
If you have not had a response within 28 days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
If you feel you are suitable for the Maintenance and General Grounds Operative role, please apply now!
Maintenance and General Grounds Operative, Maintenance Worker, Grounds Worker, Painting and Decorating, Painter and Decorator