Here at SC Johnson Professional we have an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance and Facilities Manager to join our team based in Denby. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and you will receive a competitive salary!
SC Johnson is a world leader in occupational skin care and hand hygiene. We have been providing dedicated skin care and hand hygiene solutions for over 80 years. Our purpose is to set higher standards in leading the fight against occupational skin disorders and the spread of infections to Make Hands Matter in the Workplace.
The Maintenance and Facilities Manager role:
You will be reporting to the Production & Engineering Manager, and will be accountable for all aspects of engineering maintenance and facilities management at the Denby site to ensure that the factory achieves its vision of world class manufacturing and delivers on all aspects of productivity, output, quality, safety, legal compliance, environment, capital investments customer service and people development.
Key responsibilities of our Maintenance and Facilities Manager:
- Develop and lead on the overall engineering capability of the wider production and engineering teams in relation to plant, processes and people
- Work closely with the Production & Engineering Manager and Senior Project Engineer to develop and deploy a measurable 3 year engineering strategy to raise overall engineering capability
- Budgetary control of all aspects of the engineering & maintenance annual budget for the site with clear and precise monitoring and reporting to agreed stakeholders
- Establish and enforce with the Senior Project Engineer & SHE Manager, an agreed code of conduct and clear processes for all contractor management to ensure third party contractors meet both the Deb and all the legislative standards as defined by the appropriate UK & European SHE bodies
- Supports the development & execution of the 7 absolutes of safety program with the SHE, Production, Continuous Improvement & Senior Project Manager
- Responsible for the management of key facilities contracts & contractors for the whole Denby site including the non-production areas of the site e.g. offices, yards, site security, access control, etc. Provide support to the DDL factory as required
What we’re looking for in our Maintenance and Facilities Manager:
- Proven engineering and maintenance experience of running multi-disciplined engineering teams in a fast-moving environment covering all aspects of quality, productivity, customer service, SHE, plant efficiency, cost control, legal & legislative compliance, people development & engagement, output and GMP
- Proven experience of running an engineering department with full budgetary responsibility
- Proven experience in project management in process industries with high levels of automation
- Experienced project engineer, with a proven track record in managing capital projects from concept to the execution phase
- Ability to negotiate and manage contractors and suppliers effectively and to clear deadlines
- Strong people engagement experience and extensive consultation and negotiation in a Trade Union environment
- Practical experience of lean manufacturing processes and tools to drive sustainable improvement
- Relevant production or engineering management experience in a number of large production sites with a number of Companies. Formal management training to level 5 NVQ in production management and leadership
- Relevant engineering qualification with experience in chemical/process engineering within an automated manufacturing environment. Min HND qualification in mechanical, chemical or electrical engineering
If you feel you have what it takes to become our Maintenance and Facilities Manager then please click ‘apply’ now!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'