To contribute to an exceptional resident experience through the provision of a high standard of repairs and maintenance tasks. To inspect and diagnose faults and repairs in addition to undertaking minor day to day repairs and decoration to the building(s), grounds and equipment.
Leading nationwide student accommodation provider.
- Works as part of a team, supporting and respecting other team members, to deliver exceptional resident living.
- Communicate effectively with customers, clients and colleagues; demonstrating a clear understanding of the issue and using initiative to respond accordingly
- Monitor the electronic maintenance reporting system daily ensuring tasks are completed to a high standard and within suitable time scales, corresponding with tenants when required.
- Administer all property maintenance & records in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Undertake repair and maintenance tasks to a high quality including plumbing; joinery and carpentry; painting/decorating; maintenance of lighting and required statutory testing
- Understand and respond to health and safety matters in an appropriate & timely manner
- Move furniture and heavy items from location to location on site as required
- Highlight and assist with the management of any community works.
- Ensure the gardens and grounds maintenance to the property are well maintained, clean, tidy and hazard free, supervising external contractors as required
- Carry out annual PAT testing and inspections of emergency lighting, weekly fire alarm tests and fire evacuations.
- Look to maximise efficiency of utilities.
- Experience of undertaking repairs and maintenance in a domestic residential environment or as a general builder /residential construction in the following trades; plumber, electrician or carpenter.
- Compliance with all operating systems, policies & procedures.
- Helpful, friendly personality with effective communication skills
- Behave in a professional, courteous and helpful manner towards colleagues and residents at all times
- Adopt a team work approach
- A flexible approach to work
- Positive attitude and ability to work with little supervision
Long term temp contract.