This highly prestigious multi-national manufacturing company based in the Tyne and Wear area has an immediate requirement for Maintenance Technician to join their team on a permanent basis. You will be working within a fast moving environment where you will gain fantastic experience with a major blue chip employer.
- Working initially on a Continental shift basis the individual will be responsible for troubleshooting, investigating and practical maintenance, repair and re-setting of machines to ensure optimum output and lean processes within the manufacturing facility, within a strong established team who operate within a continuous improvement work ethic.
- Multi-skilled Maintenance Technician, activities include a full range of skills from tool-maintenance to repair/replacement of electrical and mechanical parts etc.
- Maintenance Technician background preference is for Mechatronic dual skilled individuals would be particularly welcomed and experience gained in a fast moving manufacturing environment is particularly advantageous.
- The successful individual will have to use their initiative in solving problems and identifying faults.
- Having the ability to pick up things quickly and participate within a team is essential.
- Where machine faults occur, identify the root causes deploy corrective action as well as ensuring that preventative and continuous improvement measures, are implemented.
- Identify and implement improvements to be made to existing equipment within the manufacturing facility.
- Participate in the identification, production and implementation of essential documentation needed to ensure consistency of process, products and parts.
- Carry out line change-overs where necessary.
- HNC Mechatronics
- If HNC Electrical or mechanical Engineering must have additional qualifications in other discipline.
- Fault finding in all engineering systems: Electrical, Mechanical, Hydraulic pneumatic and metal welding.
- PLC fault finding
- Robot programming and fault finding
- Automated machine cell which are HMI driven.
- Health and Safety vigilant
- Machining skills
- Electrode welding technology
- Engineering drawing interpretation.
- Experience of Maintenance /Facility Engineering.
- Flexible shift systems
- High pressure environment i.e. JIT, Automotive
- TPM systems
- Kanban systems
- Critical spare systems
- 5S Adherence
- ISO 9001 or TS 16949
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job