Are you a forward thinking, motivated individual who wants to enhance a career in Software Development, working with offshore resources to deliver services in the UK? We are looking for a Lead Developer to join a highly driven and successful Solutions team, who are committed to delivering to our clients, enabling them to make fast and accurate business decisions. The role you play, will help clients meet their business requirements which allows them to protect both themselves and their customers, whilst growing their customer portfolios in line with their own risk appetite.
About the role
You will lead a group of offshore developers to delivery quality and timely client solutions, following agreed governance and delivery standards.
Working in partnership with Project Managers, Business Analysts and Test Leads you will translate non-technical and technical requirements to a variety of audiences, and plan the delivery of the requirements that feed into wider client projects.
The role allows you to develop a wide variety of business, technical and interpersonal skills, working with some of the world's largest organisations, helping them react quickly to market opportunities and conditions, and allowing them to implement changes that help them fulfil their business needs.
Responsibility for the integrity of the software delivery, you will ensure that technical debt is managed effectively (avoided and removed), with mitigation actions taken forward within development standards & best practices that ensure quality code, minimal defects, security and resilience are achieved.
Other key responsibilities include;
- Manage internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Translate business requirements into accurate technical specifications / solution that meets customer expectations
- Ensure quality of design, development and testing of modules delivered to internal stakeholders and clients
- Lead and support the root cause investigation of defects and implement resolution plans
- Contribute to a Community of Practice where best practices and troubleshooting are discussed and continuous improvements progressed
- Maintenance of an automated test framework in a TDD environment
- Evaluation of 3rd party tools / products and technologies
- Creation of Impact Assessment / Estimations for work packages
- Planning and management of delivery milestones to agreed plans
- Escalation point for developers, working with Task/Team Manager to deliver overall services
- Ensure System Integration tests are effective
Essential Skills and Experience
- Educated to degree level in development disciplines or relevant experience
- Proven expert in a Technical Lead role
- Experience of leading remotely based development resources,
- Experience of working with and to regulatory and internal governance standards
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a logical mind
- Strong conceptual ability, both for analytical problem solving and shaping the design of solutions - ability to look at issues and requirements from a business perspective and then translate this into a technical outcome
- Experience of full development lifecycle
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Technical skills within a Mainframe environment
- Specification writing and facilitating workshops/meetings
- Experience of delivering Mainframe based solutions
- Highly motivated; consistently takes initiative; demonstrated ability to work independently but under supervision
- Drive, ambition, goal oriented and enthusiasm
- Ability to multi-task, organise and prioritise their workload, and that of others
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office tool suite including latest versions of Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- CICS Cobol
- Batch Cobol
- File Manager
- Extra / ISPF
Advantageous Technical Skills;