This role is for a DB2 Database Administrator Team Leader who will be managing team of DBAs responsible for the configuration, installation and maintenance of databases within the UK Production and Preproduction environments. The Databases run on IBM Mainframe platforms, strong skills in leadership, automating tasks, an ability to identify areas for improvement, performance tuning, as well as significant experience in managing data across multiple data sharing environments is required.
- Manage and coordinate team workloads to meet the demand of the business
- Respond to Monitoring alerts regarding availability, capacity or performance of the Databases.
- Perform Database tuning (eg performance ratios, I/O load balancing, memory buffers), Review Database performance and tuning recommendations.
- Perform proactive preventative Database reorganizations etc.
- Participate in and perform major Database software version upgrades.
- Implementation of Security Policies and procedures.
- Perform Database recovery.
- Perform Disaster recovery testing.
- Support for Database refresh activities and migrations.
- Review technical change requests commenting on potential risks or issues.
- Assess data change requests and work with batch team to schedule approved data updates.
- Respond rapidly to production alerts and implement fixes in line with group working practices - both during the day and whilst on-call.
- Proactively pick up and follow Production change processes. Adhere to production change discipline. Be accountable for all production changes.
- Ability to work with other technical teams, developers, third party suppliers and users to advise them, formulate appropriate solutions and implement accordingly.
- DB2 mainframe DBA experience, v10, v11 & Data Sharing
- Experience of IBM BMC DB2 utilities incl BMC change Manager, Mainview and/or IBM DB2PM
- IBM Mainframe skills: TSO/ISPF/JCL/REXX
- SQL performance Monitoring and Tuning skills, Fault finding and debugging
- Management Skills
- Business Skills
- Leadership and Team Management
- Leadership and Personnel Management
You will be required to participate in Call-out Rota, and extended hours on site rota support until 20:00 (Mon to Thurs). Must be within commuting distance of Milton Keynes or Leicester (< 1hr travel time)
Sound like the sort of organisation you would like to work for? If so I would really like to hear from you.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"