Our client is a lifestyle clothing and accessories retailer, with 12 stores around the UK. They are looking for an experienced and passionate person to join them as Main Line Designer (Ladies Wear), based at their Head Office in Cheltenham.
Personality and skills:
- To have an adventurous, yet good commercially keen eye for product - Colour, Silhouette, Fabric, Trim and Price.
- To proactively seek new product developments and improvements.
- To design, develop and execute appropriate new product opportunities, to satisfy seasonal range brief and business marketing calendar.
- To ensure that all product is developed to be fit for purpose and within range price architecture and target margin achievement.
- Great communicator - ability to sell ideas.
- Team player - ability to work cross functionally.
- Self motivated - with a can-do attitude.
- Work to and deliver critical path.
- To drive a new vision of the Weird Fish Ladieswear Mainline product range and to design, develop and execute all ladieswear multi-products that will grow sales and margin, but also brand credentials, in line with overall company strategy and objectives.
- To understand the Weird Fish brand, it's leisure-lifestyle market-place and deliver the relevant product that will ultimately increase Buyer selections/orders and improve seasonal salesman sample development hit-rate.
- Ensure that quality is maintained at every level of product development and sampling, ensuring that all products are of the highest standard in terms of design aesthetic, performance, durability, fit, detailing and finish.
- Willingness to travel.
- Willing to improve understanding of processes and techniques which are specific for Weird Fish.
- Ability to work to critical path and deliver to specified deadlines whilst delivering and maintaining accurate technical records/data to colleagues and suppliers.
Apply for the Main Line Designer today!