A Mail Sorter is required to join the Royal Mail team a full time basis.
Purpose and objectives
The job holder is responsible for sorting the mail into different customers, manual lifting will be required such as, getting bags prepared for dispatch, operate machinery when required and some administrative tasks. The successful candidate must be able to work as part of a team, be able to read and write the English language to a good standard to ensure accuracy and be able to use the computer.
Key responsibilities for this role;
* Accurate sortation of all international mail.
* Administrative tasks associated with the processing of mail.
* Some physical lifting of mail bags when required.
* Operate Machinery
* Comply fully with the Company's Equal Opportunities Policy and proactively promote equality of opportunity within the workplace.
* Bring any instances of actual or perceived discrimination, harassment or bullying to the attention of your Line Manager and HR and ensure this is dealt with appropriately.
* Ensure that the working environment is free from discrimination.
* Manage time effectively to complete workload and meet deadlines.
* Create, maintain and promote good working relationships.
Because of the changing nature of the business your job description will inevitably change. You will, from time to time, be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities as directed by management.
The role is a full-time position.
Applicants must meet the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you would like to find out more about this position, please send us your CV by clicking 'apply now' and we will be in touch!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £7.05 to £7.50 /hour
If you have any questions and are interested in being considered for this job please apply or call our office on
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job