A new and exciting opportunity has arisen as a Consultant Psychiatrist for a 16- bedded Male Locked Rehabilitation Ward. The service is ideal for anyone who has been on a longer-stay hospital or acute ward for a period of time and would benefit from a service which helps them prepare for a successful return to the community.
Cygnet Hospital Maidstone is a brand new purpose built 65 bed facility which is due to open in September 2018 and is part of the wider Cygnet Health Care group. Cygnet have been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for almost 30 years. With a true focus on outcomes those who use or commission our services can be assured we are an experienced, service-user focused, provider of quality treatment, care and rehabilitation.
As a growing organisation, with exciting plans for the future, we are passionate about driving employee development and supporting our staff’s wellbeing. Cygnet Hospital Maidstone offers a great range of benefits, which includes scheme contributory pension scheme, free life assurance, a comprehensive employee assistance programme and discount centre, paid birthday and anniversary of joining company leave. In addition we offer subsidised meals and free car parking.
In this role you will:
– Have medical responsibility for up to approximately 16 patients within the ward
– Streamline and manage the admissions and discharges for the most efficient use of beds at the hospital
– Work as part of a multidisciplinary team (MDT); working collaboratively with Consultant Psychiatrists, Doctors, other AHPs on site NHS clinicians and commissioners who contract services from the hospital
– Working in close collaboration with service users and multidisciplinary teams to produce effective treatment plans for service users
– To have daily handovers from the nursing staff as well as all other appropriate meetings including MDT meetings, CPA, NHSE CTR, Tribunals and Managers’ hearings meetings
– Participate in the on-call rota
Are you the successful candidate we are looking for?
– Current experience as a Consultant Psychiatrist, GMC registration, Section 12 Approval and AC Status
– Experience of working in Adult Locked Rehab and/or Mental Health services
– Experience of working as part of a multidisciplinary team
– MRCPsych or equivalent
– In-depth knowledge of Mental Health Legislation
– Knowledge of risk assessment and risk management principles
– Proven record of Continued Professional Development (CPD)
– Excellent communication skills
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
Interviews for shortlisted candidates will be held on Tuesday 24th April.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can make a positive difference?
If you are interested in applying for this vacancy and wish to speak with someone please contact Simba Kaseke (Clinical Manager) onor email