Founded in 1965 the company is a leading manufacturer of abrasion and impact resistant industrial materials. They serve customers across the world in the steel, cement, mining and power industries (to name a few). As a Machinist you will be responsible for operating manual machinery, manufacturing products for the company and their clients. Key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Horizontal and vertical boring
- Operating numerous other machines
- Reading and interpreting engineering drawings (metric and imperial)
To be considered for the role of Machinist you must have demonstrable experience in at least one of the disciplines mentioned above. In addition, the following key skills and experience are essential:
- Able to work without supervision and under own initiative
- Conversant in the use of measuring equipment (i.e. micrometres, Vernier’s, slip gauges etc.)
- Work well as part of a team
- Flexible approach to work
- A time recognised apprenticeship is preferable
- Comfortable organising own work in line with production requirements
- Shift pattern flexibility in busy periods is a must
If you wish to apply for the role of Machinist based in Barnsley, South Yorkshire, please apply by submitting a copy of your CV with an accompanying covering letter detailing how your relevant skills and experience make you an ideal candidate.
The company also have an opportunity for a Trainee. This opportunity would be a fit for someone who is looking for an entry level position. If you are interested in this opportunity, please also apply below and state in your CV or cover letter that it’s for the trainee position.