My client, a leading mechanical, electrical and electronic engineering services business, that specialises in repairing, manufacturing and maintaining rotating equipment is looking for an experienced Machinist/Turner. The skills for this role ranges from centre lathes, boring and milling machines. Working alongside other machinists in the workshop your role will involve, bore and bush, dealing with improvements to components including pump parts, motors, repairing shafts from inside motors and pumps. As we as repairs, manufacturing new parts, shape the parts.
Skills required for this role include: -
- Time served apprenticeship to work on a wide range of lathes, boring and milling machines.
- Additional knowledge of fitting of rotating equipment, balancing, and welding would be an advantage, but not essential.
- Ideally the ability to work from drawings for example be able to make a shaft or other components from a sample.
- The role is subject to an on-call rota to cover urgent customer and business requirements.
- This role does require overtime and shift work (1 week in 4) including the occasional weekends depending on workload and projects to be worked from time to time when the workload on the department dictates.
- A requirement to work on site at customers premises.
- Experience working to high 5S standards and ISO accredited environments.
- Developing relationships with clients, and working to tight deadlines
Key essentials to apply for this role include: -
- Time served machinist experienced in the set up and operation of lathes, boring and milling machines.
- Used to working in an environment that thinks about health & safety.
- Working for 5s standards, ISO standards
- Able to work using own initiative to problem solve issues to ensure that a quality product and service can be supplied to our customers.
- A commitment to always work safely and report any issues to supervision.
- The ability to meet the commitments required by the on-call rota.
- Machine turning experience (manual, conventional and CNC would be ideal)
- Balancing and fitting would be ideal but not essential.
Desirable experience: -
- Full clean Driving Licence
- MIG and / or TIG welding experience ideally certified
- Balancing experience ideally certified
- CNC machining experience.
- Crane and / or Hoist operation
What’s on offer: -
Hourly rate of £13.18, plus overtime weekdays and Saturdays would be time and a half and Sundays & bank holidays - double time pay.
Monday to Friday 8 am to 4.30 pm
- Mechanical Engineering
- Rotating Equipment
- CNC Machine
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'