Our well established client based in St. Neots are currently recruiting for a Machinist/Tool Maker.
Based within their Engineering Department, you will need to have experience as a manual machinist, with proven competence on Milling, Turning and surface grinding and ideally will have completed a recognised apprenticeship.
It is essential for candidates to have experience of working in a manufacturing environment.
To be considered for the role you should have the following qualities:-
* Ability to handle small and sometimes highly fragile components/products with care, as most of our client's components are small in size.
* Highly attentive to detail and can carry out close inspection of components/products for various faults/flaws.
* Able to follow detailed work instructions and protocols precisely.
* To work well as part of a team.
* Good basic computer skills to ensure that all records and data are completed accurately.
* The ability to problem solve with a can do attitude.
Working hours are 8am-5pm, Monday to Thursday and 8am-1pm on a Friday. 39 hours week.
Salary: Depending on experience.
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications, we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days, we are sorry you have not been successful this time.
Shepherd Stubbs is an Equal Opportunities Employer, acting both as an Employment Agency and Employment Business.