Machine Shop Setter Supervisor / CNC Engineer / CNC Supervisor
Location - Poole
Basic Salary £30,350.00 plus bonus c£2,500 paid monthly after passing 6mths probation = £32,750 + excellent benefits
Rotating shift pattern of earlies & lates
Week 1 - Mon to Fri 6am until 2pm - Earlies
Week 2 - Mon to Fri 2pm to 10pm - Lates
You will be responsible for overseeing the shift, setting machines in accordance with the production plan and ensuring the effective use of labour to maximise production output whilst achieving the required quality standard.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred or ready to step up
- You will not be required to write your own programmes but will be expected to edit and make minor adjustments to the programme if required.
- CNC Setting skills
- Working to the production schedule as issued.
- Setting machines as required (including the paint line), including any ancillary equipment, such as the roll marker or dip tank, for example.
- Liaising with the dispatch to ensure upcoming castings on the program are brought over and stored in the machine shop dispatch area until required for machining.
- Ensuring that the Inspector is aware of upcoming jobs to allow them to prepare accordingly, including for example, setting of the roll marker.
- Effectively manage the shift to ensure WIP is processed and kept to a minimum, this includes any parts that are going to/returning from a sub-contractor.
- Ensure all finished parts are made ready for dispatch to the customer in a timely manner.
- Complete all daily paperwork and ensure the machine shop is kept clean and tidy.
- Supervise on the job training of staff working on the shifts working alongside another Supervisor to ensure safety.
- Ensure all training records are maintained and up to date.
- Supervise and organise the shift in such a manner as to maximise efficiency and achieve the expected quality standards.
- Liaise with the maintenance department when required to ensure timely reporting of breakdowns and potential failures to minimise downtime.
- Liaise with the quality department to be responsible for, at minimum achieving and striving to improve the quality standards within the machine shop
If this exciting opportunity to work as Machine Shop Setter Supervisor / CNC Engineer / CNC Supervisor is of interest or you would like to know more then please send your c.v. for consideration
- production planning
- setting machines
- paint line
- Machine shop supervisor
- maximise production
- roll marker
- dip tank
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'