Position - Machine Shop Supervisor
Salary - £32,000 - £35,000 depending on experience
Location - Worcester
We have an exciting opportunity for a Machine Shop Supervisor to join our team at our manufacturing site & technology centre located in Worcester. We are looking to hear from keen, enthusiastic individuals who are looking for a challenging and rewarding role.
The Machine Shop Supervisor will have the following experience and knowledge:-
- An Engineering qualification to HND/Degree level along with a supervisory qualification or relevant engineering experience from industry.
- Proven track record in managing Machine Shops.
- High accuracy machining which will include Turning Centre, Machining Centre, and Grinding technology / methodology.
- Process engineering / CNC programming / control systems / Reading and understanding of component drawings.
- Managing a three shift, seven day work pattern
- Be an advocate of Six Sigma and Lean principles
- Planning, improving, recording a team's performance though visualisation and good communication techniques
- Continuous improvement - leading and supporting a team to increase utilisation and performance
- IT system based planning and measuring
- Monitoring and controlling budgets
The Machine Shop Supervisor should also be able to demonstrate the following:
- Be a good communicator
- Manage with integrity, awareness, teamwork, commitment, and passion
- Have the ability to motivate, monitor and coach individuals
- Have the aptitude to maintain daily activities
- Attendance at regular meetings to give updates on relevant issues
- Present formally to an audience of varying seniority
- Management of all health and safety issues
- Management of all required production processes.
To apply for the Machine Shop Supervisor vacancy please email your up to date CV to Amo Rai, Senior Automation & Robotics Consultant.
- Process Engineering
- CNC Programming
- Machine Shop
- Machine Build