Market leading manufacturer of high end, aesthetically appealing products seeks experienced Machine Shop Manager to be responsible for team output, product quality and machine utilisation.
Reporting to the Operations Director you will manage a team of 15 via two Team Leaders.
Key duties of the Machine Shop Manager will include:
- Ensuring that the assigned production and output targets are achieved on time and to the prescribed quality. Recognise and report significant variances likely to affect performance.
- Determine work priorities and assign appropriate members of the team to meet production requirements.
- Support, advise, coach and direct team members in the achievement of their agreed objectives and prescribed core standards.
- Ensure that the quantity and quality of output from individual team members is satisfactory.
- Ensure lean manufacturing principles are used and developed.
- Monitor all aspects of team performance including output, scrap, rework, attendance, overtime, timekeeping and skills and take remedial action where required.
- Monitor machine utilisation and recognise and report opportunities for improvement.
- Recognise and remedy or report failings in skills, equipment or procedures.
- Brief the team regarding work priorities and any other key issues.
- Induct new team members and train and develop them to the standard required.
- Complete performance appraisals for team members.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment, be responsible for good housekeeping and ensure compliance with Health and Safety standards.
- Be responsible for discipline up to the stage of written warning.
- Maintain good communications and relationships throughout the company.
- Ensure compliance with company procedures and make suggestions for improvement.
- Participate in the overall management of the company (planning, strategy, improvements etc) as required.
Applicants should have a proven background in a similar role and be able to demonstrate strong communication and leadership skills.
- Production Management
- CNC Machine
- Production Managers