We have a fantastic opportunity to join our clients expanding manufacturing company who are a 100% employee owned business, a fact they are immensely proud of, where they apply innovation, technology and fluid thinking to manufacture high quality zinc diecastings. They also provide tooling and laser scanning services to a diverse client range and due to continuous expansion they are now recruiting for a number of Machine Operatives based at their Head Office in Hellaby, Rotherham S66.
Ideally candidates will have previous Machine Operator/mechanical/engineering experience, have an excellent work history and be available to start work straight away.
The basics on the role are the following;
· Working hours are Monday – Friday, Alternating 3 shift pattern – 6am-2pm/ 2pm-10pm/ 10pm-6am (must be able to work all shifts).
· Permanent position after 12 weeks based on performance and attendance.
· Salary – For the first 12 weeks salary is £18,000, after 12 weeks goes up to £19,692, after 2 years it goes up to £20,718.
· After being with the company for 12 weeks you are entitled to all benefits which include: 8% pension. Before the end of their first year candidates must have shares within the company.
· Breaks are: x2 15 minutes and 1 half hour for an 8 hour shift. Canteen has free tea and coffee, microwave, fridge etc but cannot buy food onsite. Canteen also has sofas, massage chair, pool table, big TV with channels available to watch, Playstation, punch bag.
· Standard weekly hours are 40, basic overtime, is paid at the basic rate of £9.37 after 40 hours, Weekend Overtime is paid at basic rate x 1.4 (or a minimum of £13) Overtime is voluntary not a must.
To be considered for the role you will have the following attributes:
• Effective problem solving capabilities and looking for better solutions to prevent recurring faults
• Excellent interpersonal skills that enable you to work with people at all levels when necessary support others as part of a team effort
• Commitment, drive and energy to make it a great place to work
• Good organisational and planning skills to manage your time and to meet deadlines and objectives
• Personal commitment to improving your own knowledge and skills
• Clean, tidy and organised to maintain our 5S working environment