The successful applicant will be rewarded with an annual salary of £28,300 and a benefits package including: company pension scheme and uniform.
- To operate and maintain various wood processing equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- To exercise caution at all times and report any accidents or incidents immediately to site management
- To co-operate with management to maximise site processing capabilities
- To work as a fully engaged and flexible member of a small operating team
- To work shift patterns that could be subject to change depending upon the business need
What will I be responsible for?
- Operating a variety of machinery in a safe and efficient manner (only machinery that you have been fully trained and signed off to operate)
- Use all appropriate PPE (supplied and required training provided)
- Report any accidents or incidents immediately to your team leader or site management
- Report any machinery defects or issues immediately to your team leader or site management
- Ensure machinery is maintained as per the manufacturer’s recommendations
- Always be aware of the sites environmental responsibilities (training will be provided)
- Abide by all company procedures, policies and protocols
- Attend training courses as required
- Maintain your working area to a high standard
- Always conduct yourself in a courteous and professional manner
- Carry out additional tasks as reasonably requested
The successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- At least 3 years’ experience within the waste industry as a machine operator
- Safety minded at all times
- Honest and reliable
- Willing to work as part of a team
- Able to understand written and verbal instruction
- Good time keeping
- Experience ideally gained within the waste wood sector
- Experience of operating a wide variety of machinery
- A willingness to adapt to change in a fast-paced industry
- A flexible approach to work schedules
- Machinery Operator Certificated
- A command of written English
A recognised industry approved operator certificate. i.e. (CITB)
How to apply:
All applications should be made by sending an up to date CV and covering letter to the email address on this job board.
Quality, service, performance and sustainability are key values inherent to this UK Superbrand, which also counts exemplary employment and environmental practices among its core principles.
Consequently, this brand has been recognised as a Business Superbrand for nine consecutive years. With more than 1000 employees across five divisions, the people are at the heart of the business and the key to its successful growth.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job