Our client is a leading converter of self-adhesive tapes, foams, films and foils for a wide range of applications and industries. Due to demand they are now seeking additional Machine Operators to join their busy and friendly production team in Lancing.
As a Machine Operator you will ideally have experience working with die cutting machines (including press / flatbed machines or rotary cutting machines), however, this role may be of interest to those just starting out in the engineering sector who hold a relevant qualification. The ability to follow instruction to set up, maintain, breakdown and run these machines is essential to ensure quality. Training will be given where required.
The ideal Machine Operator will be able to follow written and verbal instructions to ensure products are made to specification and health and safety requirements are met. You will have good communication skills and have the ability to be flexible as well as develop your knowledge and skills in this niche sector.
Hours 37.5 – 40 hours per week.
Your duties as Machine Operator will include:
- Reading work orders to set up jobs on die cutting machines.
- Running the die cutting machines.
- Machine maintenance to ensure smooth running and safety.
- Breaking down machines in readiness for the next job.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualities:
- Some machine operating experience, this may include mechanical / electronics knowledge gained from experience or through qualification.
- Be confident in dealing with machines with the ability to maintain them according to company requirements.
- Have good communication and numeracy skills.
- Be a proactive and productive member of a busy team, demonstrating the willingness to learn new things.
- Be committed to ensuring the quality and presentation of parts produced.
Salary and reward package:
- Salary is £18-£26k depending on skills and experience.
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays (additional 3 days leave to cover Christmas shut down).
- Pension scheme.
- Subsidised Healthcare Plan.
- Death in service benefit.
Key words * die cutting, rotary cutting, press machines, flatbed machines, engineering, BTEC Engineering, electronics, machine operator, machine setting, manufacture, production.