A leading manufacturer of bespoke timbers based in Sherburn Hill, Durham is searching for a Machine Operative. The Operative will ensure a consistent production flow and ensure the efficiency and safe working of equipment. Previous experience working within a heavy industrial environment would be highly beneficial.
- Operate a range of machinery in an efficient and controlled manner
- Ensure equipment and blades are fitted correctly
- Ensure all product leaving your work area is within specification for length, thickness and grade
- Ensure the efficiency and safe working of equipment you are trained to operate
- Undertake quality control checks of the production of timber from your equipment
- Ensure a consistent production flow, use the correct timings and log gaps to maximise productivity
- Record all downtime correctly
- Communicate efficiently with other operators, the Shift Manager and the Team Leader
- Experience of working as a Machine Operator within a heavy industrial environment
- Excellent time keeping skills with a high attention to detail
- The ability to take instruction and check products against desired requirements
- A strong team player who is also happy working alone
- The ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- An enthusiastic and flexible attitude
This is a contract position working 41 hours per week rotating on both day and evening shifts.
This position is offering a competitive salary with a shift allowance + bonus.
POINT OF CONTACT
Please get in touch with Joe Rowan to find out more details on this role, he is available on or at
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job