A leading manufacturer of bespoke timbers based in Sherburn Hill, Durham is searching for a Machine Operative. The Operative will ensure a consistent production flow and ensure the efficiency and safe working of equipment. Previous experience working within a heavy industrial environment would be highly beneficial.
- Operate a range of machinery in an efficient and controlled manner
- Ensure equipment and blades are fitted correctly
- Ensure all product leaving your work area is within specification for length, thickness and grade
- Ensure the efficiency and safe working of equipment you are trained to operate
- Undertake quality control checks of the production of timber from your equipment
- Ensure a consistent production flow, use the correct timings and log gaps to maximise productivity
- Record all downtime correctly
- Communicate efficiently with other operators, the Shift Manager and the Team Leader
- Experience of working as a Machine Operator within a heavy industrial environment
- Excellent time keeping skills with a high attention to detail
- The ability to take instruction and check products against desired requirements
- A strong team player who is also happy working alone
- The ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- An enthusiastic and flexible attitude
This is a contract position working 41 hours per week rotating on both day and evening shifts.
This position is offering a competitive salary with a shift allowance + bonus.
POINT OF CONTACT
Please get in touch with Joe Rowan to find out more details on this role, he is available on or at