Staffline are recruiting for General Operatives to work at our client's busy meat processing factory in the Scunthorpe area.
- To operate and drive their specific area of responsibility ensuring it is best in class.
- Constantly working with production to maintain Delivery, Yields, Waste, and Quality, in their area.
- Carry out Asset Care maintenance to deliver and improve reliable equipment within the limits of the training provided, supporting the Engineering function as required.
- Effective communications with Managers, Section Leaders, Team Leaders and Engineers to ensure the area is operating at its most efficient.
Facts and Figures:
- Will be expected to achieve specific set KPI targets for each area within shifts.
- Certain production figures will also need to be tracked throughout shift regarding the overall production process and machine performance in each area.
Knowledge, skills, experience:
- Good observational skills
- The ability to work quickly
- Good team working skills
- Ability to follow and understand tasks required to perform the role
- Completion of HETA competency assessment will be required upon application process
- Once selected 4 Day HETA Mechanical Maintenance course will need to be completed
- Further training will be provided upon attainment of role by another on-site machine Minder in order to become fully knowledgeable within the role.
- Organisation and prioritisation of all work on a day to day basis ensuring production downtime is kept to a minimum to achieve the department KPI, this will involve planning workload with production and Engineering.
- The ability to liaise and communicate with all levels of staff, ensuring good working relationships with other departments, production and engineering and organising work to suit all business requirements.
- To ensure the standard of work within the team delivers food safety, Quality product in a safe manner through our culture, behaviour, systems, policies & procedures,
- To manage the PPM workload within the area, ensuring all inspections, repairs and reporting is maintained to achieve the KPI set of the department on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
- To ensure all work carried out on a day-to-day basis, having a good level of communication within the team, ensuring all outstanding work is correctly handed over to colleges on the opposite shift or relevant person.
- Having a substantial and developing involvement of continuous improvement tools to help increase asset availability, reduce downtime and all forms of losses.
- GMP & hygiene must be a priority within your work areas at all time, creating a clean tidy and safe environment for all colleagues.
- To ensure the standards of work within the team is at an acceptable level which poses no threat to health & safety, food safety and the quality of production.
- Supporting when necessary the, standards and BRC audits to ensure success in obtaining and sustaining the standard.
- To have the ability and flexibility to take on different roles and responsibilities within the production area to cover other Machine minder roles if required.
- To have the forward thinking, enthusiasm, attitude and the desire to improve your team, area and ultimately the business.
- To manage, as far as reasonably practicable, the Health, Safety and Wellbeing of yourself and others at all times
The role will be a temp to perm after 12 weeks service.
Shifts will be 06:00-14:00 and Saturday 06:00-18.00 and following week 14:00-22:00.
Pay Rates: £9.04 - £18.08 per hour.
- food manufacturing