Computer Vision Scientist / Machine Vision Scientist / Machine Learning / Robotics
Machine Learning Scientist with a PhD or Master's Degree in a relevant field is needed by our client, an award-winning independent professional services company, to be based in Skipton (North Yorkshire).
Using the latest technology and groundbreaking concepts, they offer consultancy and software solutions to the highways and transportation. They specialise in infrastructure asset management, project management, consultancy across the infrastructure, natural resources sectors and emergency services.
About the Role
Your role will involve the following:
- Researching & developing cutting-edge computer vision and machine learning methods to automate and support road and pavement condition and treatment surveys
- Integrating data from imaging devices and other sensors (GPS, IMU, laser etc.) to enable precise surveys
- Implementing algorithms to detect and assess the condition of streetside inventory
- Employing new computer vision and machine learning techniques that are suitable for surveying a vast set of infrastructure
- Utilising commercial software applications at the end of research phase
- Designing & carrying out solutions to automate and expedite surveying tasks performed by human
- Ongoing training and development will be provided.
- PhD or Master's Degree in Computer Vision/Machine Learning/Robotics or relevant field
- In-depth knowledge of fundamentals & state-of-the-art in computer vision or machine learning
- Prior exposure to at least two of the following subjects: structure from motion or SLAM, multi-view analysis, 3D reconstruction and modelling, large scale object recognition & machine learning
- Strong programming skills (C++ a must, Python acceptable if your expertise is in the field of machine learning, CUDA a plus)
- Hands-on experience with OpenCV & non-linear optimisation library (particularly Ceres Solver)
- Experience with machine learning tools (e.g. Caffe, TensorFlow) & developing software applications to interface with these tools
- Exposure to the application of computer vision and/or machine learning algorithms to real-world data (large datasets)
- Experience in computer vision/machine learning industry (a plus!)
What's On Offer
- Salary of £25,000 - £40,000 per annum
- Pension scheme
- 28 days holiday per year
- Working with a close-knit team & diverse clients
If this role sounds of interest, click on the APPLY button now.
- Computer Vision Scientist / Machine Vision Scientist / Machine Learning / Robotics
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job