We are looking for people with bright minds that are looking to apply Machine Learning approaches to solve complex transportation challenges, from logistics and operations to customer flows in mixed mode networks. The right person will have the ability to look at Data in a commercial way, concentrating on the application of advanced techniques to make transport networks more effective and enjoyable for those that use them. You will be working in a team who have a depth of knowledge on the data and the industry and who are building the data and public cloud infrastructure (AWS) to support a range of solutions. We are looking for specialists in applying Machine Learning to help take this team and our customer offers to a new level. You will have experience of applying Machine Learning in business environments, understanding how to set up and validate models (data classification, feature engineering, training, etc.).
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- Practical experience of applying AI techniques to complex business problems
- Be curious and questioning
- Work within a team who understand the data and how things currently work and are driven to make a difference
- Proven ability to translate insights into business recommendations
- Strong presentation and communication skills, with the ability to explain complex analytical concepts to key stakeholders
- Experience implementing machine learning algorithms using open source libraries and languages
- Design and build real-world, commercially effective solutions, utilising data and machine learning
- Be a part of creating and managing data and computing environments in the Public Cloud
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.