Machine Learning Engineer - NLP/Sentiment Analysis
£90,000 + benefits
Harnham are working with a leading FTSE 250 retailer who are in the process of setting up a new unit devoted to machine learning in their central London tech hub. This is a high-impact team focused solely on ROI for the company.
As a Machine Learning Engineer in this new function, you will be responsible for spearheading the introduction of advanced machine learning/deep learning methodologies to the business. You will have a broad remit to work within, your ultimate goal being in automation and to identify new opportunities for growth/profit/cost saving.
There is significant scope within this new team and you will have the opportunity to introduce the latest techniques to help solve real world problems.
Projects will include: recommendation systems, fraud detection, supply chain & logistics, search and personalisation, NLP and sentiment analysis.
NB: This is a role with extensive production-level machine learning involved. You will not only research and proto-type, but also be required have strong engineering skills.
You will be:
- Developing and implementing custom machine learning algorithms for the company
- Exploring new machine learning/deep learning techniques - keeping the business at the forefront of the industry
- Interacting with key stakeholders within analytics
- Helping to develop a strategic roadmap for the machine learning function - identifying key growth areas for the business
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
You must have:
- An MSc or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence or Mathematics
- A breadth and depth of machine learning knowledge (developing algorithms from scratch is a necessity)
- Familiarity with one of the following: R/Python/Scala/Java
- Work experience with Hadoop/AWS/Spark is desirable
- NLP/Sentiment analysis highly desirable
£90,000 + benefits
HOW TO APPLY
Please register your interest by sending your CV via the Apply link on this page. For more information about similar data science roles at Harnham please contact Nick Mandella at Harnham.
R, Python, Scala, SQL, Hive, Pig, Hadoop, Spark, Machine Learning, Development, Implementation, Statistics, Artificial Intelligence, Mathematics, AWS, Kafka, Azure ML, Azure, Algorithm, Optimisation, Recommendation System, Research, Pricing, Marketing, Online, Data Scientist, Data Science, Predictive modelling, Forecasting, NLP , Semantic Analysis, Sentiment Analysis, Demand pricing algorithms, Retail.
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Sentiment Analysis