Machine Learning Engineer | Data Science | Algorithms (Java or Python)
This is an exceptional opportunity for a Data Mining Engineer & Machine Learning specialist to join one of the most exciting software start-ups in the UK working in a tech-agnostic environment; Java, C++, Python, Scala, Haskell, Erlang, R, LaTeX, SQL
This role would be well suited to an experienced software engineer, mathematical programmer, data scientist or algorithmic developer with advanced knowledge of statistics and machine learning techniques for deep-dive data analysis. The company are a well-funded and internationally renowned start-up organisation who are famed for their work in creating complex, failsafe software for software. After a couple of years building their core algorithmic products and IP around low level applications they are now in a great position to further commercialise the product suite and grow the business, both in revenue and size.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Working in a tight-knit team of Research-led Software Engineers and Data Analysts building software that are characterised by incredibly high fault tolerance and performance and developing novel techniques for intricate data analysis
- Work on, and add to, the company’s core platform for time-series analysis of huge amounts of software engineering data
- Use a range of technologies to prototype ideas & algorithms as well as develop the successful, production level code
- Be a true Problem Solver - able to think innovatively and quickly to create solutions for software issues, business needs and operational requirements
- Work on a variety of greenfield projects
- Be a member of a highly skilled software engineering team and offer expertise and ideas to the strategic, technical road-map
- Advanced mathematical ability: statistics; data mining; algorithmic development; machine learning
- Very strong software / programming experience in one of the following languages: Java, C++, Scala, Python, C#, Ruby
- Advanced skills in R
- Knowledge / experience of a wide variety of Software languages and technologies (Atlassian stack, Functional Programming, Data Visualisation etc.)
- Commercial experience of Data Mining or Machine Learning
- Experience or an interest in emergent Open Source technologies
- Excellent communication skills and a passion to work in a collaborative, technology-driven company
- A very strong academic track record (with MSc’s and PhD’s preferred) from top tier universities in a Computing, Mathematics or Scientific discipline.
This role is based in central Oxford, commutable of; Reading; Swindon; Newbury; Banbury; High Wycombe; Basingstoke; Henley-on-Thames and many more.
up to £100,000 (depending on experience) plus benefits.
Glenn Rose @ reQiva Digital Careers
- Machine Learning
- Software Engineering
- Algorithm Development