Machine Condition Engineer
Can you provide technical and engineering support to ensure compliant and cost effective repair and maintenance of Heavy Mobile Equipment is delivered to the customer, ensuring that equipment is serviced and inspected correctly in-line with OEM recommendations (including statutory inspections) and identified residual defects are reviewed and actioned appropriately to ensure operational and safety performance is maintained whilst promoting optimum whole life cost of the asset?
You will need to offer:
- Knowledge of heavy mobile plant and auxiliary equipment rules and legislation.
- Good technical knowledge of heavy mobile plant and auxiliary equipment.
- Good knowledge of equipment operating costs and the important part that effective condition monitoring plays in optimising whole life costs of an asset.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective customer and supplier relationships.
- Recognised construction plant and equipment qualification
- Experienced in overseeing repair and maintenance activities in the workshop and in the field.
Some of the key duties in this Mobile Equipment Machine Condition Engineer will include;
- To provide technical support to the business and customer in terms of asset on-boarding, asset specification changes and any asset disposal or return condition processes.
- Ensuring that a stable plan for scheduled maintenance events for all assets across the region is in place and maintained, these include but are not limited to Scheduled Service Events and Inspections, LOLER and PUWER examinations and Brake Testing - the specification of the scheduled service event is to be in-line with OEM recommendation, customer requirement and statutory regulations as appropriate.
- Managing and maintaining communication with customer sites in relation to all service events and inspections events including recommended course of action in the event of any failed inspection events.
- Making sure that Warranty and Recharge jobs are correctly identified, processes are adhered to and component core returns are actioned as required to ensure maximum recovery for the business.
- Reviewing Fluid Sample Reports to ascertain condition of asset components and ensuring that appropriate actions are taken - updating to reflect the course of action and updated with any documentation.
- To review Telemetry / Diagnostic based data from downloads (internal and OEM) to ensure timely interventions are made and provide recommendations on developing faults and asset operation.
- Making sure that Mobile and Site Based Engineers time sheets and job cards and service / defect reports are received, checked and entered appropriately.
- Review invoices to ensure supplier end costs for repair and maintenance events match quotations and where discrepancies are present manage resolution with supplier to satisfactory outcome.
If keen to learn more about this role please contact Grant Nisbet for more details.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job