Altro are a leading British manufacturer and supplier, based in Letchworth. We have been going strong since 1919 and know that we can only grow further with great people on board, helping us shape our future. Voted one of the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For, for 10 years!
Our purpose is to transform spaces to enhance people’s emotional and physical wellbeing. Family owned and run, we share family values; we care about you, each other and what we do.
We are currently recruiting for a M&E Project Manager to join our friendly team here in LetchworthGardenCity on an 18 Month Fixed Term Contract
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Project management of the M&E project creating plans with key milestones that enable the safe removal of old roof steel work whilst maintaining efficient manufacturing operations. Working closely with the contract team and Altro internal teams to co-ordinate the project from beginning to end.
- Provide guidance and planning updates to the Operations Manager and Manufacturing and Technical Manager on the progress of the project identifying any challenges that require input from the wider teams in a timely manner.
- The main Altro point of contact for Designers, contractors which includes maintaining the flow of information and delivery of actions to continue to progress the delivery of aligned outcomes as part of the project including adhering to CDM responsibilities.
- Work closely with the project engineering team and Facilities Manager to integrate future and existing equipment needs into the Mechanical and electrical system designs.
- Create innovative solutions that make best use of energy, labour and materials
- Deliver on time and on budget the M&E project whilst maintaining safety to the highest standard with zero accidents.
To be successful you will need to have the following experience and personal characteristics:
- Experience in project managing large capital investments within a live manufacturing environment.
- A thorough knowledge of engineering principles is essential If you have previous experience of a similar role and would describe yourself as self-motivate and a team player, then we would love to hear from you!
- Experience in project management and in delivering capital projects within a manufacturing environment
- Ability to identify, analyse and solve problems which may be technical or contractual
- Able to work under own initiative and have necessary drive and tenacity to complete the task
If you have the relevant experience and would describe yourself as a team player with the ability to communicate confidently at all levels then we would love to hear from you.