A Council in Surrey, providing MEP services in the Sutton, are looking to appoint a Mechanical & Electrical Manager to oversee the Installation, Maintenance & Service of M&E Services on multi sites You will possess a good knowledge of all Mechanical Services, with experience of both commercial and residential installations. You will also have a basic knowledge of Electrical installations. The position is mainly offices based with site visits as required
- Management of Mechanical works, health and safety and project management, assisting with delivery of Commercial/Domestic projects up to the value of £5 million within set deadlines.
- Working with client's project team up until final handover.
- Excellent management PPM
- Supervision of up to 30 operatives
- Managing quality of works and snagging to ensure client standards are met.
- Attending progress meetings with the Project Manager and client reps. As required
Candidate must have the following:
- Good people management and motivational skills.
- The ability to work under pressure to meet set deadlines.
- Ability to problem solve via Client side or Main Contractor side
- Appropriate mechanical building services qualifications (to be supplied)
- Full UK driving licence
You must be a mechanically supervisor with suitable qualifications / tickets to complete installation work such a CSCS and/or SSSTS card. Most packages are outsourced to specialist subcontractors although you will be expected to manage plumbers and liaise the PM and the client.
To be considered for this role you must be able to work in the UK without restriction and you must hold a valid UK Driving License. Hays Building Services is the only Recruitment Consultancy to be the Official Recruitment Partner for the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE).
Hays Building Services is a specialist in Building Services Recruitment and have a range of posts available. If you are seeking a career move but this position is not right for you please browse the other vacancies on our website.
We also welcome speculative applications. For a private and confidential discussion please contact Jamie John on or email your CV [mailto:] .
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- Mechanical Electrical M&E Mitie