M&E building services maintenance Estimator required to join a leading South West Facilities company to work closely with the Business Development Director across both the Public and private Sectors. Girling Jones require an Estimator to prepare detailed labour loadings, specialist subcontract costs and materials estimates for HVAC/Hard FM maintenance tenders, and to liaise with the Commercial Manager and Business Development Director to prepare and finalise documents in respect of contracts from 5k to £1m.
Your new position
Reporting to and liaising closely with the Business Development Director, as the Estimator you will be vital in putting together the technical estimates for tenders for new business. The role will include the following emphases:
- M&E Building Services Engineering Maintenance estimating of Labour (SFG20), Materials, Specialist Subcontractors, Tools & Equipment and Mobilisation
- This will include a wide financial range of tender opportunities with a mixture of client-specified tenders and proactive bids predominantly for heating, ventilation, air conditioning and electrical maintenance
- Some building fabric maintenance estimation
- Analysis and take-off from asset registers/plant & equipment lists in tender documents
- Undertake site visits to liaise with potential clients and verify plant and equipment to be included in bids
- Contact specialist subcontractors to request quotations and incorporate responses into bids
- Use SFG20 estimating software, MS Excel, MS Word and other packages daily to prepare detailed costings for tenders
- Liaise with the Business Development Director to agree final tender figures for submission
What you'll need to succeed
- Proven experience within a similar role, essentially experience with M&E Maintenance/ Hard FM service providers as an estimator
- Competent experience of SFG20 maintenance schedules
- Experience with commercial clients and contracts, and excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to working to deadlines and meet targets under pressure
- Excellent planning and organisational ability with an analytical, financial and numerate approach
- Good IT software skills
- Educated to a minimum HNC/HND level or equivalent in a relevant disciplines preferably with a background din HVAC, building services and estimation
What you'll get in return
£30,000 - £36,000 basic + car allowance + benefits
The next step?
Click apply for an immediate call back or contact Adele at Girling Jones for a full detailed brief on the role.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
- mechanical estimator
- electrical estimator
- Maintenance Estimator
- M & E estimator
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job