This is a really exciting opportunity for someone to join a listed travel focused company as their M&A Director on an interim basis for atn initial term of 6 months.
The M&A Director will be accountable for the following areas:
- Develop the M&A strategy and structure in agreement with the CEO/CFO that contributes to the realisation of company's strategic objectives.
- Provide accurate, timely information and analysis to the SLT to enable effective decision making.
- Develop high quality acquisition and divestment business cases, including valuations, synergy analyses, and integration plans, and present to the SLT.
- Accountable and responsible for project-managing the M&A process on transactions, including determining project milestones and targets, assembling and leading multi-functional M&A project teams, managing external advisors, developing appropriate internal and external relationships, and organising regulatory approvals.
- Prepare and position transactions, including the preparation of high-level opportunity evaluation/screening, information memorandums, management of due diligence, investigating market appetite, management of bidding rounds/offers.
- Structuring transactions in optimal fashion with input from functional specialists (accounting, tax, treasury, legal, etc.) and negotiating structure with the counter party.
- Secure completion of transactions to timelines and targets, including legal documentation, regulatory approvals, management of conditions, ensuring execution of payments/transfers of business.
- Manage post-completion activities, including monitoring/reporting on integration progress and the realisation of the transaction's objectives (growth, profitability, synergies, etc.).
- Capture "lessons learned" and ensure the M&A process and structure is updated to reflect.
- Preparation of internal and external discussion and communications materials.
The ideal candidate will combine the attributes of being technically strong, commercially savvy, personable, and with exceptional presentation, written and communication skills. The candidate should combine the ability to offer vision as well as practical application to a situation. He/she should be able to create high impact, command respect, and build strong relationships and influence across various levels in the organisation.
- University Degree, MBA or equivalent experience.
- Experience in an M&A environment ideally within a corporate environment, or investment bank, or corporate finance/M&A boutique (c. 5+ years).
- Excellent leadership skills, ability to command respect quickly within the organisation. Self-confidence to be able to work with the senior management team, and at times challenge their ideas/strategies.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job