I am delighted to be working once again with this boutique investment business that takes active positions in small and mid-cap UK companies. They have built a unique reputation as they act as a catalyst for change on behalf of shareholders. The company has an outstanding record of delivery and multiple returns.
Three years ago I placed their Finance Director with them, last year their Financial Controller and now they are looking for an M&A Analyst to join the firm. This is a newly created position based at the London Head Office. The ideal candidate will be a capable self-starter who communicates well and is naturally highly organised. The role requires strong strategic and business judgement, rigorous analytical thinking, and compelling presentation of opportunities to engage stakeholders.
Whilst the scope of the business is sizeable, the immediate office environment is small. The successful candidate will have the flexibility and positive approach that working in a small team requires.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Assist with the assessment and valuation, including financial modelling, of M&A target opportunities and preparation of board papers supporting the transaction
- Assist with the execution of corporate acquisitions, disposals, joint ventures and other transactions for portfolio businesses
- Preparation of project timetables
- Preparation of information request lists for targets and management of the information collection process
- Preparation and management of data rooms
- Assist with the preparation of management presentations
- Review and analysis, or preparation, of M&A process materials:
o NDAs, Teasers and IMs
o Financial/legal/commercial/other due diligence reports
o Sale and Purchase Agreements and other legal documentation
o Banking documents
o Offer letters and private equity term sheets
o Business plans and financial models
- 3+ years broad multi sector and cross border M&A experience gained preferably in either a Big 4 accountancy/small investment bank M&A team or a corporate/PE house
- Strong analytical skills and experience in financial modelling, valuation techniques and in the preparation of M&A presentation materials
- Strong commercial acumen and an ability to understand the broader picture
- Ability to interact at all levels of management and board level to execute multiple transactions/mandates independently
- Ability to influence people at all levels to the benefit of the transaction process
- Experience with offers negotiation, deal structures and transaction documents and key issues, financial, legal & commercial, involved in an M&A process
- Proven experience delivering complex projects to potentially tight timescales
- Exposure to post-merger integration activities
- Experienced in coordination of due-diligence processes & activity and working with other teams of professionals
Most important, is your desire to take ownership of your work and to consistently challenge yourself to deliver a best in class service to your stakeholders. This is an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to a first class investment house and work amongst a group of inspirational and high calibre business leaders.
Barribal Associates and the organisations it represents are fully committed to equal opportunities and encourage applications from any age, disability, gender, marital status, race, nationality, religion or sexual orientation.
- Deal Closure
- International M&A
- M&A analysis
- Private Equity