LSRC Applications Engineer
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
We are recruiting for an Applications Engineer to join the team in the Land Systems Reference Centre (LSRC) near Blandford, This is a role that will offer you the opportunity to apply your skills and experience in an fascinating environment supporting this key facility.
- Conducting functional testing on key military applications.
- Provide support, advice, guidance and configuration management for applications in the test environment.
- Be able to implement a test system.
- Assist Task Managers and other LSRC staff to plan the use of applications within specific test scenarios to meet customer requirements.
- Produce functional test schedules to exercise defined user actions.
- Maintain a library of test schedules so that they may be reused for regression testing.
- Recording usage and incident data.
- Providing Level 1 and Level 2 maintenance and repairs to LSRC applications.
- Managing tasks in accordance with current LSRC task procedures.
You will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance to undertake the role.
Skill levels / qualifications / experience / percussive training:
- An applications engineer with experience of testing communications, information and application hosting systems for Defence.
- Server and network support qualifications, such as VMWare/Hyper-V, MCSE/MCITP and CCNA/CCNP would be highly desirable.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office products including Word, Excel and Visio.
- Experience in the use of programming languages and SQL commands in support of testing activities is desirable.
- Qualified to ISTQB foundation level desirable, advanced would be preferable.
In return we can offer a competitive salary with annual profit share; an ever growing list of company benefits including enhanced pay for maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave and strong career development options across our transnational, market leading company.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
Please let us know if you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for the selection process - you can share this with the Recruitment Business Partner who gets in touch if you are invited to interview. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; auxiliary aids; room layout etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Please apply for this vacancy online at our careers site with your CV attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Airbus is, and always has been, committed to equal opportunities for all. As such, we will never ask for any type of monetary exchange in the frame of a recruitment process.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'