Remedy Education is currently recruiting for experienced ASD teaching/learning support assistants, to work in a range of different SEND schools throughout Lewisham. We currently have a wide range of exciting positions available on either a day-to-day or long-term supply basis, across the different key stages.
As these roles involve working with pupils on the ASD spectrum, typically with challenging behaviours and complex needs, previous experience of working with pupils in SEND settings is ideal but not essential.
For this role, you will ideally need:
* Be able to work either part or full-time
* Have previous experience working with children, or young adults, with ASD and complex needs
* Confidence dealing with pupils with different abilities and SEND requirements
* A good knowledge of the national curriculum or confident in supporting small groups with particular
subject/s (e.g. Numeracy, literacy booster groups)
* Cable of dealing with challenging behaviour, promoting focus with strong classroom management and
on-going 1:1 support where necessary
* Good interpersonal and communication skills
* General knowledge / good understanding of ASD
Other experience and qualifications which are preferable:
· Confidence implementing support techniques, such as PEC's & Makaton
· Team Teach qualified
Successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory references, as well as possessing an up to date DBS or be willing to apply for one through Remedy Education.
Remedy Education offers all Learning Support Assistants:
* Excellent rates of pay
* Professional support from our team of experienced consultants
* A wide variety of different positions, both day to day and long term
* Continued support through all placements via a dedicated consultant
If this role is of interest to you, please feel free to contact Carly Walters at Remedy Education for further information.
- Support Worker
- Teaching Assistant
- Graduate Teaching Assistant