Job Title: Lottery Manager
Job ID: 03198
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £25-31k (flexible)
A rewarding opportunity for a Lotter Manager to work for a large independent charity based in Romford. The role is working very closely with the Individual Giving Manager and Director of Fundraising & Marketing, the role will be responsible for efficient running of the weekly lottery and achieving budget targets for this income stream.
To develop and manage the lottery operation, to promote growth and achieve monthly and annual targets, maximising potential whilst delivering exceptional customer service to lottery members and the community.
To be the expert on gambling rules and regulations to minimise exposure and risk to the organisation.
To manage Sterling Management, the external lottery supplier for the organisation.
To be the main contact for Lottery selling opportunities and to liaise with Fundraising and Retail to maximise all available opportunities to promote the Lottery.
- Develop and implement a strategy to acquire new lottery members and to retain existing supporters.
- Develop new marketing opportunities to promote and recruit new memberships to the Hospice Lottery.
- Develop and use a range of communications to increase awareness and promote the lottery brand.
- Work with wider fundraising team in promoting the lottery, specifically the corporate and community fundraisers.
- Work with the Community Partnerships Manager to book venues and manage door to door canvassing where the Lottery can be promoted by the Community Fundraisers
- Ensure that the lottery is represented at all fundraising events.
- Train and manage the door to door and venue canvassers to ensure sign up targets are met
- Ensure that all weekly numbers, stakes are correctly recorded, money banked and accounts reconciled by Sterling Management.
- Manage Sterling Management to ensure the running of the weekly lottery draws runs efficiently and effectively and that the reports supplied by them are accurate and maintained to a high standard
- Complete Lottery monthly KPIs for reporting to the Head of Individual Giving and Data
- Represent at HLA meetings/conferences and use the sharing best practice opportunity to enhance our own lottery.
Knowledge & Skills required:
- Knowledge and understanding of acquisition and retention of customers or supporters
- Excellent written and oral communication skills - with the ability to interpret complex information across a range of activities or areas and communicate effectively to a wide range of audiences and levels of understanding.
- Ability to keep up to date with latest trends and developments in other Hospice Lotteries
- Ability to track lottery performance and to report to management on a weekly basis with formal reporting on a monthly basis
- Experience of managing sales teams and working to targets
- Experience of working to deadlines in a dynamic environment with often changing priorities
- Experience of managing, planning and organising workloads where team members are working offsite
- Experience of using a supporter database such as ThankQ or similar and excellent IT skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience of budgeting and cost control
- Experience of dealing with external regulatory bodies such as the Gambling Commission
- Ability to maintain and understand the importance of confidentiality
- Willingness to take on new responsibilities and respond positively to change
- Willingness to work flexibly and to support the fundraising department in the achievement of its KPI’s.
If this sounds like a good match, then please get in touch ASAP as interviews are taking place immediately.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'