An opportunity has arisen to join the Business Risk team here at Matalan as a Loss Prevention Advisor looking after our Distribution Centres. As a Loss Prevention Advisor you will be an expert in everything from Loss Exposure/Loss Controls analysis, Investigations of theft and loss, Physical Security systems and controls, contract Guard Services, Loss Prevention education and awareness programs, workplace violence and Loss Prevention Audit programs.
The Business Risk/LP Advisor has overall responsibility for the Loss Prevention function of both DC’S and Head Office and heads up the on-site teams of Security Guards. Through these teams they will support LP strategies, promote and support Company shrinkage programmes, manage physical security and resolve both internal and external crime
- Work with Procurement and Finance to collate and track costs and budgets for all installation and servicing to DC’S & Head Office .
- Ensure that all expenditure is in line with budget-including Guarding spend and deployment, CCTV/Intruder Alarm monthly spend.
- Manage physical site security, including 3rd party contract security operation, security systems, equipment and CCTV, identifying risks and resolving/escalating issues as appropriate
- Review current security roles within the DC’s, optimise current duties ensuring 24 hour effective cover is supplied.
- To implement and monitor Loss Prevention ‘Best Practice’ and company procedures and to apply knowledge of the law both criminal and civil in order to prevent and reduce loss.
- Produce, analyse and follow-up on all loss prevention reporting to Senior Management and escalate, as appropriate.
- Ensure a process of on-going formal Risk Assessments are conducted in each Distribution Centre and ad hock where appropriate or required on a risk basis.
- Ensure the provision of Loss Prevention training and educational interventions as appropriate to all levels across the site
- Conduct weekly visits to Corby DC and Review Security Procedures and replicate procedures at Main DC
- Establish a monthly reporting framework to provide high level updates on all audit activity planned and ad hoc
- Maintain and update Business continuity/Disaster Management plans/records in partnership with other key stake holders.
- Partner with field Loss Prevention to support the overall business strategy, act as level 1 Emergency Responder for Processing Centre's and support the Multi-site LPM in other initiatives
- Experience with warehouse, distribution center, transportation or supply-chain operations is a plus.
- Prior experience in security services, Loss Prevention and/or Asset protection, internal audit, risk management, inventory control.
- Significant experience with a similar role within Distribution Centre’s and Profit Protection
- Good communication skills both verbally and written
- Good IT skills for use in report writing and review
- The ability to influence up as well as down
- In depth knowledge of DC processes and procedures
- The ability to motivate a Team
- Good presentation skills
- Strong People Focus
- Knowledge of CCTV systems both Overt and Covert
- The Ability to influence up as well as down
- Previous experience of managing Man-Guarding contract
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is a family retail business that is proud to serve its customer excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, collaborative, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.