Based: Covent Garden
Working hours: Mon - Sun 40 hrs per week (flexibility required)
Summary of Job:
Supporting the Store Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of day-to-day management of the shop floor (sometimes unsupervised). The Assistant Manager role requires you to lead in an enthusiastic and positive manner, supporting Store Colleagues to deliver great customer service and develop excellent product knowledge. Along with the Store Managers, Two Team Managers will assist you. In the Store Managers absence, you will have full responsibility for the store.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Ensure customers are our first priority and receive a high level of service at the counters and on the shop floor - to make sure your team are initiating contact with customers who require assistance. This requires you lead by example working with your team in an enthusiastic manner motivating and developing them to deliver excellent customer service in the store.
- Conduct daily morning briefings with the team, assigning tasks, organising floor cover, communication of store information & motivating the team to achieve the daily sales targets.
- Monitor timekeeping and attendance via registers and controlling and monitoring staff breaks. Note any cases timekeeping is not kept to and action as required.
- You will be a key holder and have responsibility for securely locking down and closing the building at the end of day. On Sunday shifts you will be fully responsible for the store including opening and closing.
- Daily counting of store cash in mornings or evenings, compiling end of day takings and reports in line with company policies.
- Oversee stock replenishment ensuring stock is promptly replenished, priced correctly, clean and well merchandised. You will meet with the procurement team at least once a week to discuss stock issues and merchandising opportunities.
- Ensure high standards of internal housekeeping so the shop floor is kept tidy, clean and maintained, and the aisles are free of obstruction.
- Oversee price changes, check bags and counter sundries are counted, ordered and replenished.
- Oversee staff induction and training of new starters on the shop floor.
- Assist the Store Manager with seasonal merchandising campaigns in line with merchandising guidelines.
- Assist with in-store events and demonstrations ensuring a great customer experience.
- Manage and document any performance issues arising with your team members in the first instance and escalate up to the Store Manager if necessary.
- Manage customer complaints and feedback in a professional manner ensuring any issues are resolved satisfactorily or escalated to the Store Manager.
- Efficiently implement all London Graphic Centre systems, procedures, policies and regulations
- Complete the weekly staff register on payroll in the absence of the Store Manager.
Job Performance Standards / Tasks and Targets
- To achieve:
- Store sales targets
- monthly KPIs as agreed on your schedule with your line manager
- Great communication skills and a team player
- Positive and supportive
- Excellent product knowledge
- Excellent procedural knowledge
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Demonstrates commitment to great customer care leading by example
- Well presented
- Good organisation skills
- Good multitasker
- Proven experience of floor management in a busy retail environment