Logistics/Transport Planner (Fixed Term) - Stoke on Trent - Up to £11 an hour
This role is essential to the running of our daily operations and is an exciting opportunity to join our team. The successful applicant will have knowledge of working with in a fast-moving office with, ideally.
In the role, you will be expected to help to work with third party haulage and storage partners to ensure goods arrive on time with our customers, all deliveries are made through 3PL partners
The applicant will need to plan deliveries and movement of stock.
- Daily routing of loads and deliveries
- Ensure product is ready and picked ahead of deliveries
- Pro-actively seeking opportunities to improve transport efficiency and transport costs
- Using the Vehicles tracking systems to monitor drivers and routes
- Ensure all documentation is maintained and stored in accordance with company procedures
- Maintain transport planning data
- Forward information and documents to drivers and 3PL partners
- Knowledge of driver hours and working time regulations
- Good geographical knowledge
- Experience of fleet planning and return loads
- Ability to adapt to changes to the schedule
- Dynamic route planning
- Confident communication skills
- Good Organisation skills
- Good time keeping skills
- Excellent computer Literacy skills and knowledge of Excel is essential.
- A working knowledge of Sage 200 an advantage
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure and have a pro active approach to any potential problems
- To encourage team Members to be accountable and make decisions for the best of the business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job