Are you a supervisor or a team leader looking for your next challenge?
Do you have a food and despatch background?
If so we want to hear from you!
Gap Personnel operating as an employment business are looking for a professional Logistics Team Leader to join their busy team, managing a team of 10 you will be a confident natural leader from an FMCG, despatch food background. This is the chance to join a highly reputable market leading employer of choice with lots of company benefits.
With an annual salary of £20,690 and an overtime bonus of 25% of the hourly rate. Plus an additional 5% bonus paid quarterly. This is a permanent role with a 5% pension contribution.
- Lead and manage the logistics team through role model behaviour, ensuring targets are clear, results achieved, displayed and communicated
- Ensure effective communication with our suppliers and customers, and between departments within the company to maintain the flow of the production kitchen.
- Able to be hands on running logistics as required
- Drive a culture of change, by engaging, coaching and developing teams
- Use of IT system to manage stock levels and delivery times, manage supplier and customer documentation
- Investigate discrepancies within stock levels and customer/supplier POD’s in the required timeframe
- Manage intake and outtake schedules making sure quality checks are done correctly
The ideal candidate will have the following;
Knowledge of LEAN and LEAN tools within Logistics
Experience of working in Logistics
Good analytical skills
Ability to work, engage and communicate at all levels
Coaching and developing
Confident and clear communication skills
Fork lift truck license
Food safety & HACCP