Our Client is a speciality supplier and manufacturer of raw materials / chemicals for the UK Chemical, Pharmaceutical and Food Manufacturing Industries.
They are now seeking a Logistics / Supply Chain / Purchasing Manager - Business Services Division. This position will be office based in Redditch, Worcestershire. The position is a full-time permanent role.
This position will be ideal for a candidate who is seeking the next "step up" in their logistics or purchasing career; providing additional responsibilities but with the support of coaching and training from the Senior Management team.
- Develop supply chain solutions for strategic projects
- Develop and refine supply chain and purchasing processes in conjunction with our Clients Quality Management System (QMS)
- Develop and manage the Business Services Coordinator Team to deliver improved productivity and enable them to support the business
- Manage 3rd Party Logistics and Warehousing suppliers including service level agreements, monitoring performance and implement corrective actions
- Fulfil the needs of Product Stewardship for all stock items before, during and after processing through the business
- Monitor changes in costs (supplier prices, duty, exchange / interest rates) to optimise the costing process
- Implement the Sampling Process for the development of sales
- Coordinate customer sales orders and process invoices
- Customer services liaison and sales team support
- Outbound logistics coordination in line with levels of service and quality
- Sales reporting to monitor the achievement of the business sales objectives
- Sales forecasting and monitoring of customer buying trends to enable target stock turnover
- Invoicing and debtor chasing
- Manage stock purchases to achieve target turnover
- Monitor and reduce aged stock
- Coordinate purchase orders from a global supply base
- Work from the sales forecast to schedule stock orders to achieve target stock turnover, whilst satisfying external customers
- Maintain good working relationships with suppliers and logistics partners to our Clients standard of service and quality
Team / General
- Develop annual commitments for the future of the team aligned to the overall Company Vision, Mission and Strategy
- Manage and develop the team using reviews defining objectives and deliverables in collaboration to ensure overall business objectives are met
- Identify and facilitate team training needs
- Develop and maintain Team KPI’s to track progress and target improvement areas
- Work closely with IT Business Support Manager to understand the team processes to offer continuous improvement through IT solutions and increase productivity
- Keep abreast of Import / Export regulation and ensure compliance
Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate qualification OR equivalent experience
- Demonstrable work experience in customer services, purchasing and supply chain within a distribution, food, chemical or pharmaceutical environment is very desirable
- Proven employee management experience is very desirable
- CIPS or BRC or GMP qualifications and experience are very desirable
- Logistics, Stock management and / or Warehouse management experience, particularly with regard to Import / Export is very desirable
- Knowledge of marine and bulk liquids and / or powders is desirable
- Sage Line 200 or equivalent experience
- Project management skills
- Highest standards and levels of accuracy, numeracy and literacy
- A very strong commitment to customer service along with a pro-active and helpful attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Good at absorbing large amounts of information, with a growth mindset
- Credible, confident and articulate, with good presentation skills
In return, our Client is offering a basic salary of £35,000 - £45,000 per annum, (salary is negotiable and dependent on experience. More may be available for an exceptional candidate), plus benefits.
To apply for the above position, please send your C.V to Lorraine Roger, Director at Atom Recruitment Ltd.
- Import Export
- Supply Chain
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'