Your New Job Title: Logistics Specialist
Your New Salary: up to £30-35K, dependant on experience
Location: Central London
Who you'll be working for: Our Client is a worldwide logistics and financial leader who is looking for a Logistics Specialist to support the Corporate Logistics Department. You will cover two main areas: Trade Compliance and Logistics Support for the Company and its affiliates.
What you'll be doing each day:
- You will be working to assist the trade compliance and the logistics support areas. Your the team has to support the trade and investment activities of EMEA Business and Corporate Units, Company's EMEA Affiliates, Company’s regional Headquarters and Company Head Office in all aspects of logistics and supply chains.
- Support business departments in compliance procedures, customs issues, such as customs valuation, classification, special customs authorization and other import / export requirements updating advice / documentation, export controls and sanctions as necessary;
- Support business depts., affiliates, other regions and Head Office with logistics related queries and tasks;
- Improve Logistics and Risk Management knowledge and skills in the Corporate Logistics dept. and the company through attending and giving seminars;
- Improving / creating materials to help support the Corporate Logistics depts. activities;
- Promote systemization and maintenance to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the activities of the Corporate Logistics Department;
- Manage departmental administrative requirements as necessary.
The Skills you'll need each day:
- Good knowledge of the business practice in the logistics of international trading /investment companies including the use and applications of incoterms, international payment practices, shipping line, airline and port ways of working, customs, customs related documentation, insurance, export controls and sanctions procedures;
- Good awareness of FTAs and GSPs and their requirements;
- A bright professional, with a flexible approach who enjoys a demanding office environment and works well under pressure;
- Well-organized with the ability to prioritize and to use their initiative, able to shift priorities within strict timeframes and have a systemized approach to work as necessary;
- Understanding of business realities and expectations within an international and intercultural environment;
- Numerical and analytical skills;
- Presentation and report writing skills;
- IT skills including using Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Strong written and verbal English skills.
The skills you need to succeed:
- Logistics from either multinational trading or international logistics background;
- Extensive Customs, Transportation / Forwarding experience in the international logistics industry;
- Working within a multinational trading environment, within an international;
- Transport/Logistics team with involvement in customs procedures;
- Working with both EU and non-EU Forwarders, Customs and other related parties.
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.
- International Logistics
- Logistics Management
- Customs Regulations