We are actively recruiting for an experienced Logistics Service Manager based in our Logistics centre of excellence in Raunds, Northamptonshire.
The role owns the logistics service to the Howdens depots with responsibility for the quality and service provided. The Logistics Service Manager is also responsible for Howdens’ peak period (week 41-44) warehouse planning whilst ensuring a robust business continuity plan.
• Manage cross functional solutions to improve depot service
• Have a positive impact on depot damage and debit spend avoidance.
• Business Continuity Planning for Logistics, including Transport and Warehouse
• Managing the package warehouse cost of £500K
• Influencing the Warehouse and Transport Managers with regard to service
• Responsible for the end to end service to Howdens depots, including debit & damage
• Work across all sites, warehouse and transport operations ensuring all are aware of issues where they impact on service
• Work with Logistics operations team to identify improvements in process & service
• Ensure agreed action plans are implemented and service improvements are evident in KPI’s
• Site reviews to identify issues and continuous improvement opportunities
• Ensure quality and service checks are regularly completed
• Establish and maintain a strong relationships and interaction across all departments
• Processing and analysing large amounts of data, to produce KPI reports and analysis of key Logistic Performance drivers
• Drive culture of root cause analysis to identify and take corrective actions.
• Identify potential crises, and assist in devising contingency plans.
• Project planning Howdens peak period, specifically in warehouse space, labour, transport resources and service
• Evaluate risks to service and provide analysis that develops tactical solutions to resolve issues
• Extensive experience of Demand or Supply Planning in a management capacity, ideally gained in a Blue Chip, IT Driven, Manufacturing or Retail Logistics environment
• Broad knowledge of IT systems for Forecasting & Planning. MS Excel -Excellent Level.
• Extensive knowledge and experience of database and operating systems and technically competent with various software programs
• Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
• Considerable knowledge of the methods and techniques of data research and analysis.
• Knowledge of the principals of budgeting and financial reporting
• Ability and desire to continually improve process and service delivery
• Reflective and relationship driven approach
• Educated to Degree Level
The attractive salary and benefits package is supported by excellent training and development programmes, including study support. As well as the opportunity to develop within a pioneering area of the business for a high profile FTSE 250 company, you will be part of a rewarding organisation recognised for excellence in the workplace in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For.
Howdens Joinery was founded in Yorkshire in 1995. In its first year of operation it had just 14 depots and sales of £1m. Today, Howden Joinery Group has grown to become the UK's leading supplier of kitchens, with the largest kitchen rigid cabinet manufacturing capacity in Europe. It employs over 8,000 people, has over 640 depots nationwide and generates annual sales of over £1.3 billion and it is still growing. The Supply Division is responsible for inspirational design and development, sourcing, manufacturing, warehousing, distribution and providing aftersales support to service their one customer, the depot.