The successful Commercial Sales Director will focus on developing measurable results in all sectors throughout the UK. Leading a UK team of Business Development Manager's to drive sales in e-Fulfilment, Contract Packing, and Carrier Management
A family business founded in the early 90's, which enables clients to cope with the increasing complexity in the supply chain for multi-channel retail. In the last 3 years the company's revenue has grown by 150%, and continuing to expand rapidly.
This role requires an entrepreneurial mind-set and a self-starter who a track record in the e-fulfilment market to hit the ground running.
Key responsibilities will be to:
- Maximise sales turnover and profitability
- P&L responsibility
- Identify and understand end use application needs
- Conduct market research and look to uncover potential for future products through on-going visits to customers and potential customers, as well as end users
- Market mapping and identifying key customers
- Working closely with the internal support functions
- Ensure annual sales budgets are achieved
- Support, train and develop experienced sales candidates
- Recruitment and targeting of sales team
- Prepare presentations and other educational documents
- Ensure that all commercial aspects of sales transaction are in the best interest of the company
The successful Commercial Sales Director will be results driven and have the industry knowledge to understand customer problems and create solutions with the aid of the sales and executive team.
The Commercial Sales director will:
- Have experience of working in an Logistics sales environment.
- Has experience in e-Fulfilment, Contract Packing, and Carrier Management
- May come from either a large organisation or, preferably, from an SME, but ideally should have experience in and an understanding of working in small organisations.
- Be someone who wants to grow their business and maintain an entrepreneurial streak.
- The ability to plan strategically with strong commercial acumen.
- Proven track record in annual price reviews, and other major pricing discussions with clients
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to undertake travel.
- An open and likeable personality with honesty and integrity.
- Autonomous approach with a positive 'can do' attitude.
c.£80,000 - 100,000 + Bonus, Car/Car Allowance, Laptop, Mobile & Healthcare