Contract type: Permanent, full time
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Logistics Project Manager to join a Global manufacturing company. You will be responsible for planning, managing, executing and controlling projects and operational activities to implement Logistics projects. The role requires significant travel - specifically to 2 sites in Europe.
Working hours Monday to Friday 8:30 - 4:30
Duties for the Logistics Project Manager will include:
- Create and update project deliverables in support of project objectives. This includes various forms of plans and records in formats to include Microsoft Project, Excel Spreadsheets, Word Documents, and presentation format.
- Manages project content with online PPM tools and repositories.
- Facilitate meetings (and produces related documents such as agendas and minutes) to review and update portfolio, program and project information.
- PM Deliverables include RACI’s, resource plans, schedules, risk and issue logs, scope documents, time cards and labour tracking information, and other plans and records. Specific examples include Project Master Schedules, Staffing Management plans and reports, Project Dashboard Reporting, and aggregate Project Execution and Project Health Check reporting / metrics.
- Effectively applies PM Tools and Methods with Sponsors, Resource Managers, and other Stakeholders, and counsels them on appropriate use and application.
- Works closely with Project Managers on related projects or programs on dependencies such as managing issues and risks, updating schedules and predecessors/successors, communication planning, and creating other plans and records.
- Works collaboratively in a fast paced, agile environment where close teamwork and partnering are essential. Builds positive, productive working relationships across the organization.
- Addresses project challenges effectively, evaluating alternatives, proposing and implementing solutions, and taking corrective action as necessary.
- Proactively advocate PMO Compliance/Methodology Governance, Decision Making, Best Practice and PMIS Tools usage.
- Ensure project objectives delivery on time and to agreed cost
The successful Logistics Project Manager will have:
- Proven record of accomplishment of delivering successful projects in operational functions such as logistics, warehouse management, packing, shipping and planning.
- Project Management generalist: familiarity with all PM Process Groups and Knowledge Areas. Familiarity with a formal project management / PPM tool such as MS Project, MS Project Server, Innotas or other application strongly preferred.
- Broad business understanding: return on investment and business cases, process driven quality, metrics and benchmarking, financial management.
- Advanced skill in MS Office suite, including analytic skills using Microsoft Excel, business presentations using Microsoft Power Point and collaboration applications, and business / technical writing using styles and templates in Microsoft Word.
- Strong communication skills in both verbal and written / presentation formats, for both informal and formal purposes, and experience working with audiences from technical implementation staff to executive leaders.
- Problem solving skills and abilities in both business and technical environments: the ability to clarify success criteria working with a team, collaboratively develop candidate solutions and evaluate progress, and mobilize the group to take effective action to attain business goals.
- Possess a thorough understanding of and expertise in the management and delivery of Managing virtual teams, Change Management and Stakeholder Management.
- Experience with cultural, organizational and business process change efforts.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure to balance competing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent Knowledge of business enterprise functions and processes.
- Ability to effectively translate between functional and technical teams.
- Ability to follow procedures and produce/maintain supporting documentation
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize work, multi-task across many assignments and delegate.
- Ability to produce exceptional quality output.
- Ability to suggest technological solutions.
- At least 5 years of experience leading Logistics and Supply Chain projects. Ideally in a multi-site multi-national environment
- Experience in IT for healthcare industry and related disciplines such as FDA and HIIPA compliance preferred.
- Degree level education preferred.
- Formal project management certification preferred, PRINCE2, PMI or equivalent
If you are interested in the Logistics Project Manager, then either call us on or e-mail your CV to us
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job