Logistics Project Assistant
£31,040 - £35,250
Our client, a recognised global leader within their industry, has an exciting opportunity for a professional and articulate Logistics Project Assistant to join their Head Office based in Atherstone.
In order to be successful in this role, you must be educated to A-Level, equivalent or above and possess a minimum of 2 years professional work experience in Logistics and Projects.
The successful Logistics Project Assistants responsibilities will be:
- Assist and take responsibility for the successful delivery of projects within the Corporate Logistics Department; working efficiently and accurately to ensure that project governance is adhered to
- Responsibility for completion of end to end projects within the role, simplifying processes and operations to maximise efficiencies
- Ability to investigate and analyse challenges and offer solutions
- Manage multiple logistics projects and tasks; working with internal and external stakeholders
- Responsibility for the processing and tracking of project action points and milestones
- Use own initiative and suggest ways of improving processes for greater efficiency
- Ensure correspondence is treated in the strictest confidence when required
- Manage the efficient and accurate flow of correspondence and information, both incoming and outgoing, with external and internal parties
- Ensure a clear understanding of current actions, proposing/taking action where appropriate
- Support the delivery of the department strategy as required
- Advanced standard of IT including Word, PowerPoint and Excel (including ability to use VLOOKUPS, PIVOT TABLES AND IF STATEMENTS)
- Take full share of responsibility of collective tasks which are organised on a rota basis
- Ensure that a polite and professional manner is maintained in all internal/external communications
- Contribute positively and constructively to the Future Logistics Network Team
The successful Logistics Project Assistant must possess:
- A-Level educated or equivalent
- 12 months experience working within a FMCG retail environment
- Degree qualification desirable
- Minimum of 2 years professional work experience in Logistics
- Demonstrate understanding of Logistics and Supply Chain
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- Knowledge of Supply Chain systems (TMS/WMS/Portals etc)
- Confidence and the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues of all levels
- Strong written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to build effective relationships with colleagues at all levels of the business
- Ability to analyse and interpret data accurately
- Ability to manage a varied workload, conflicting deadlines and multiple projects simultaneously
- Organisational skills with the ability to identify and manage priorities
- Innate curiosity; always striving to improve and simplify processes and ensure consistency wherever possible
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task, be pro-active and work on own initiative, working both in a team and independently
- Ability to investigate and analyse a challenge and offer a solution
- A desire for continued personal development
- Flexible and resilient when workload demands it
The successful Logistics Project Assistant can expect:
- £31,040 rising in stages to £35,250 after 3 years
- 5 weeks’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays
At Inplace Recruitment we believe it is people that make the business succeed, the right people, expertly placed in the correct positions. We offer a thorough, professional service that is evidenced by our placement success rate.
If you consider yourself to be experienced in any of the following them please apply; Logistics, Projects, Logistics Assistant, Transport Planner, Transport Coordinator, Supply Chain, Excel, Freight.
Due to the response to this position, please assume that you have been unsuccessful if you have not heard back from us within 7 days of your submitted application.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'