Production Planner Role
Manufacturing and Production/Automotive Industry
Based in Washington, Tyne & Wear
Overview of the Logistics/Production Planner role
Responsible for the translation of Customer demand into production and material plans and generating Logistics despatch plans which meet the company's objectives in terms of Quality, Cost and delivery. Must be able to support new project introduction and the implementation of new business systems.
Key Tasks/Responsibilities of the Logistics/Production Planner role
- Receive customer schedules and translate into accurate sales data.
- Produce detailed production and Logistics plans and monitor performance to plan and implement corrective actions.
- Manage finished stock levels in line with company targets to ensure we achieve 100% delivery performance.
- Regular and effective communication with relevant customers.
- EDI monitoring and integration of failed IDOC's.
- Identifying and implementing continuous improvement activities within the Production Control area.
- Being a key member of the department with responsibility for co-ordinating relevant Production
Control and Logistics activities on a daily basis.
- Collate and report performance against set KPI's.
- Monitor and create outbound deliveries to Customers.
- Manage service parts/slow moving stock.
- Organising transport to ensure customer deliveries are met.
- Monitoring and updating Customer portals in line with business needs.
- Coordinating the effective resolution of internal and external Logistics Concerns and 8D actions through the creation of appropriate action plans and subsequent monitoring.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience necessary of the Logistics/Production Planner role
These should include:
- Demonstrate success in a high quality, high volume, and lean environment.
- Have a good working knowledge of ERP systems (preferably SAP) and Microsoft Office applications.
- Be able to communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation, both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated success in making significant contribution to continuous improvement activities.
- Have an understanding / awareness of EDI, bar code technology and e- business systems.
- Demonstrated success in implementing JIT, Kanban and Lean principles.
- Ideal candidates should be educated to HNC level and have membership of the Institute of Operations Management.
- Ability to learn quickly and work under own initiative.
Skills, Behaviours and Attributes desirable of the Logistics/Production Planner role
- Must be able to establish clear objectives and be result focused.
- Experienced in managing and developing direct reports.
- Demonstrate capacity to solve problems through creative, innovative solutions and challenge traditional methods of accomplishing tasks.
- Flexible attitude is essential towards duties, this is a position where the duties and requirements may change quickly in response to business needs.
- Demonstrate decision making, planning, time-management tools and structured work habits.
- SAP Super user/experience with SAP R3 preferred.
Special requirements of the Logistics/Production Planner role
Based in Washington but will be required to travel intermittently to other UK sites; driving licence preferred.
39 hours basic. 8am until 5pm (Monday to Thursday) with a 1pm finish on Friday.
- production planner
- production controller