Logistics Planning Coordinator / Transport Planning Coordinator
The Logistics Planning Coordinator will oversee the process between the warehouse door and transport admin. Reducing vehicle idle stand times in yard area. Deliver improvements in utilisation of transport capacity. Improve and maintain document management process to ensure greater compliance with CAA and HMRC audit requirements. Improve and maintain warehouse door performance in conjunction with the movement and placement of freight and mail in appropriate warehouse areas. The Logistics Planning Coordinator will need to improve and maintain transport services and logistic supply for external domestic and international customers of our client.
The logistics transport Planning Coordinator responsibilities :
1. Plan loading and unloading vehicles in an accurate and timely manner,
2. Manage and responsible for the Goods In team, ensure unload of own and third-party vehicles is in accordance with DFT and In House procedures,
3. Maintain clear access routes in the warehouse and yard,
4. Transport capacity maximisation and a high degree of Transport planning,
5. Oversee the day to day running of internal Transport vehicles,
6. Arrange collections and deliveries through approved logistic partners domestically and internationally,
7. Maintain and control airline equipment stock levels;
8. Take active part in quotation and looking for cost effective solutions,
9. Provide support in searching for new logistical suppliers which fit transport model and customer needs of Our client ,
10. Maintain and improve KPIâ€™s set by transport manager,
11. Provide support function to the general operational processes of transport and operations department,
12. Maintain transport related reports,
13. Documentary audit trails,
14. Work in accordance with the transport Standard Operations Procedures,
15. To work within company Health and Safety guidelines,
16. To work within company Security Program;
17. To work within CAA & HMR Customs rules and guidelines.
The Logistics Planning Coordinator role requires industry experience: Essential experience and knowledge of minimum 2 years in transport planning and vehicles operations. Preferred knowledge of transporting secure goods and airport transport operations.
- transport logistics planner warehouse freight planning coordinator customs
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job