Logistics Planning Analyst
Lymedale Distribution Centre - Stoke on Trent
Life at New Look
London and Weymouth are the core homes of our Icons within key support functions such as Buying, Merchandising, Design, Digital, HR, Finance to name a few… Not forgetting our stores which are the heart of our business, bringing all of the creativity and innovation to life and our distribution centres in Stoke-on-Trent supplying the goods.
All of our products are designed within our support centre to help you express your style, your way. We will give you the opportunity to be the best, boldest and most individual self within your job role allowing you to take your skill set wherever you want it to go.As a growing global workplace you will be given the opportunity to take your skillset wherever you want it to go, working alongside leaders, colleagues and friends who will embrace your ideas.
What you’ll be doing
As a Logistics Planning Analyst, the key objective of your role is to support the Planning Manager, the DC and project team. You will have a good working knowledge of a Distribution Centre operation and possess strong analytical skills. You will have the ability to process large amounts of data and the advanced working knowledge of Mircrosoft packages including Access & Business Objects. You will have knowledge of Demand Planning, forecasting, knowledge of the supply chain coupled with good commercial awareness. You will be a confident team member who is comfortable extracting data and talking through your analysis to a wide audience.
• Own, maintain & develop daily and weekly reporting for the relevant stream
• Ad-hoc data reporting & data capture for various departments & management.
• Analyse Logistics and trading trends to support future short, mid and long term planning.
• Manage and maintain stock forecasts and analysis
• Maintain Key Variables database and DC KPI reports to assist in DC labour and resource planning
• Support the DC as a link to the BMD and Supply Chain teams challenging where appropriate
• Support with Peak planning and growth plans through reporting and analysis as required
• Continually review processes between teams and look at ways to improve planning processes and outputs.
• Deputise for the Planning Manager for the relevant stream when required ensuring consistent communication across the leadership team
• Produce and maintain weekly planning presentation packs & present to site management
• Support the team to manage operational risks
• Have a working knowledge of the material flow & pick generation for the site and be able to understand impacts
• Attend cross functional meetings to independently represent the department and Logistics function
• Maintain high level of communications with clear and concise outputs
• Link with operational teams to ensure the operational plans are effective & fit for purpose
• Give clear communications both written & verbal
• Show a willingness to learn and develop, demonstrating the Company’s core values
• Contribute & develop the Planning Milestones agreed with Head of Planning
• Understanding of automated warehouse control system and working practises in retail / DC logistics
• Good communication skills at all levels
• Excellent Analytical & problem solving skills with the ability to interpret large volumes of data
• Knowledge of Multi-Channel operations an advantage
• Advanced Excel skills & other MS applications.
• Knowledge of Business Objects or similar package
• Excellent English language both written & spoken
• Maintains a calm balance whilst working under pressure
• Good knowledge of multi-channel operations is an advantage
• Access & Visual Basics Skills an advantage
• Understanding of Work Measurement principles
• Understanding of RDM, Quantum & ABPro
What you’ll get
In addition to receiving a competitive salary, you will also receive a generous discount after completion of 3 months service that you can use to buy the latest and greatest New Look product. We also offer industry leading training and development to enable you to achieve your career aspirations and short term goals. In addition to this we have our company pension scheme and a generous holiday allowance.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job