Individuals will apply increasing levels of accountability to deliver specific tasks, from interpreting clear guidelines, to using judgement based on their expertise. Similarly, tasks will increase in complexity from established procedures through to unfamiliar situations needing specialist knowledge. Individuals may ultimately hold responsibility for delivering clearly defined outcomes.
Overview of the role:
- Warehouse & Logistics Support across Business Units
- Support all Goods In and Goods Out Activity Within the warehouse
- Co-ordinate various projects to ensure key activities and milestones are met
- Operate a range of team processes to ensure key performance indicators are met
- Provide support to the team by managing complex tasks
- Maintain records, databases and reports as agreed with the team
- Arrange for payment of invoices, expenses and approvals
- Deliver a range of activities to tight timescales
- Manage conflicting priorities to ensure all deliverables are met
Working Monday to Friday, standard 37.5hrs per week, some weekend working and overtime may be required
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Process items around site in-line with goods in/out policy and H&S guidelines. Physical fitness in line with expectations of the role.
- Maintain stock accuracy (systems and physical perspective); identify and help maintain stock within the required minimum and maximum levels. Carry-out cycle counts and audits as and when required. Report all discrepancies to the Senior Logistics Operative for investigation and or correction
- Expedite all goods received and/or despatched. Ensure that all system and physical processes are competently and accurately maintained, within agreed timescales
- Process transport / courier transactions. Maintain a good understanding of all processes, procedures and contractual arrangements relating to current logistics provider
- Provide a central point of contact for logistics and or inventory related queries
- Promote best practices; adhere to company policies, processes and work instructions
- Stores management; ensure efficient use of services and materials, maximising on the availability of space
- Support problem management; apply root cause analysis, escalate findings to Senior Logistics Operative before moving forward and or implementing corrective actions
- As requested, carry out ancillary tasks deemed within your capability
- Promote an effective Safety, Health and Environment culture, to ensure a safe and healthy working environment within area of operation
- Maintain a secure working environment in line with the requirements of the Security Policy in order to protect individuals, information and assets
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.
- logistics and warehouse support