Central Employment are currently looking for a Logistics Operative to assist in the overall operation by providing logistical support to all departments. Operating a range of manual handling equipment in a busy environment. A valid counter-balance forklift licence certificate is essential, reach truck license also preferred.
- Operating within a variety of functions within the warehouse and yard area; performing assignments as per standard practice within allocated times to achieve targets set out by Team Leaders/Supervisors.
- Operating a variety of manual handling equipment.
- Feeding fast moving production lines efficiently, following instructions, processes and guidelines in place.
- Loading and unloading trailers/vehicles.
- Decanting parts.
- Manual Handling and heavy lifting.
- Use of hand-held scanners and SAP.
- Stock counting and FIFO (first-in-first out) in accordance with internal procedures.
- Carries out all TPM requirements within logistics.
- Training of new personnel.
- Adhere to safe working practises at all times.
- Works to HSE and environmental practices such as using spill kits
- Maintain a clean and tidy work area; working to and promoting 5S. Involvement in 5S improvements/projects, including painting of areas where necessary.
- To communicate between Team Leaders/ATL’s and all other departments.
- Understand work based instructions, emergency procedures and safety standards.
- Adheres to company policies and procedures.
- Understands chain of command in relation to issues raised.
- Carry out any additional responsibilities which may be necessary for the proper performance of the role.
- Team Player.
- Attention to detail.
- Counter-balance forklift license (essential).
- Reach truck license (desirable).
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Good Communicator.
- Pay rate varies depending on shift with overtime available.
To apply please submit your CV or call Jessica at Central Employment, start dates available immediately!
- Manual Handling