Logistics Manager - 9 Month Contract - Worthing
We are recruiting for a Logistics Manager to work for a client on an initial 9 month contract in Worthing, West Sussex.
The role will focus on identifying opportunities for improvement within our Logistics /Transport team, setting up projects and implementing change to drive performance, service and enhance profitability. We are particularly focused on implementing new technologies into our logistics network operations such as in-cab driver devices, telematics, dynamic routing and data capture.
Should the candidate prove their capability in this role it is anticipated that there will be opportunities to either take on other projects within the group or additional responsibilities such as line management.Main Responsibilities
- Supporting the Operations Director and the Logistics team in identifying areas of improvement and solution design
- Mapping and reviewing current processes within the Logistics team
- Gaining stakeholder agreement on recommended improvements
- Preparation of project plans to implement required changes
- Research and procurement of external resources and providers as appropriate
- Ensuring effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Influencing and managing key project participants and their teams to achieve the proposed solution and ensure on time delivery of the project
- Maintaining relevant project documentation
- Communicating project statuses and progress against the plan to internal stakeholders
- Managing and mitigating against risks and issues that arise during the project delivery using appropriate escalation paths where necessary
- Addressing project challenges effectively, evaluating alternatives, proposing and implementing solutions, and taking corrective action as necessary.
- Proactively advocating project methodologies to ensure appropriate project governance
- Measuring the effectiveness of changes in achieving expected outcomes.
The successful individual will have a strong academic record and a minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience. A logistics and/or supply chain qualification would be considered favourably.
The individual will have a passion for understanding the key drivers within a complex business. They will be able to leverage this understanding by concisely summarising problems and supporting this with practical solutions and recommendations. To achieve this, they will need to possess a concise writing style and great communication skills.
An in-depth knowledge of logistics will enable the individual to act as a sounding board for the wider business, providing support as well as challenging the current ways of working.
To be truly effective in the role, the individual will need to be able to develop relationships across the business at all levels and demonstrate a track record of having worked in projects across different departments and locations.
Whilst being a great team player is important to deliver the requirements above, the individual will need to be able to effectively work autonomously.
Given the complexity of our business and our desire for high quality output, the individual will need to possess:
- Experience in working with IT systems in a logistics environment covering one or more of the following: vehicle routing, vehicle fleet maintenance, driver performance, warehouse management
- Excellent analytical skills
- Familiarity with mapping business processes
- Proven report writing skills
- Awareness of health and safety requirements in large scale operations
- IT literate especially with MS-Word, MS-Excel and MS-PowerPoint
- Comfortable with liaising with teams in IT, HR and Finance
- Excellent track record in managing projects and preferably with experience of project/lean management methodologies
Salary and Benefits:
The salary for this 9 month contact role is £50,000 Pro-rata dependent on experience
- Benefits to include 25 days holidays plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'